|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Out of Competition
THE SMELL OF MONEY
- Director: Ahmet Boyacıoğlu
- TURKEY / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 103´ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ahmet Boyacıoğlu
- Director of Photography: Özgür Eken
- Editing: Ahmet Boyacıoğlu, Semih Gülen
- Music: Cem Anıl
- Cast: Murat Kılıç, Şevval Sam, Emrah Kolukısa, Rıza Sönmez
- Producer: Başak Emre
- Production Co.: Gezici Film
- World Sales: Gezici Film
The three main characters of the film live in a down-at-heel suburb of Ankara: Mehmet is a cab driver, Metin runs a teahouse, and Adnan is an out-of-work journalist. When Mehmet regales his friends with tales of the murky and unlawful dealings that some of his passengers are involved in, they install a camera in the cab and record the passengers. The recording of a businessman who turns up in town for a little philandering presents an opportunity for blackmail and with this money, our heroes help those in need. Mehmet and Melek, who has newly moved in the same apartment building as him, develop an intimate relationship. When someone leaves behind in the cab a folder belonging to a mafia-deep state syndicate run by “Madam” this neighbourhood comedy evolves into unexpected territory.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.