|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Laurent Cantet
- FRANCE / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 114´ / French ; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Robin Campillo, Laurent Cantet
- Director of Photography: Pierre Milon
- Editing: Mathilde Muyard
- Music: Bedis Tir, Edouard Pons
- Cast: Marina Foïs, Matthieu Lucci, Warda Rammach, Issam Talbi, Florian Beaujean, Mamadou Doumbia, Julien Souve
- Producer: Denis Freyd
- Production Co.: Archipel 35
- World Sales: Playtime
- Turkish Rights: Siyah Beyaz
It’s summertime in the quiet town of La Ciotat near Marseilles. A group of young writers are attending a workshop headed by famed author Olivia Dejazet. The participants are asked to write a crime novel that incorporates the industrial past of the town. Antoine, who stands out among others by identifying with the killer character he creates in his novel a little too much, changes the course of the workshop. Scrutinising the relation between fiction and creator, Laurent Cantet, one of the most significant directors in contemporary French cinema, co-wrote the script of his new film, which premiered at the A Certain Look section of Cannes, with 120 Beats for Minute’s Robin Campillo.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.