|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Jan Zabeil
- GERMANY, ITALY / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 93´ / German, English, French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Jan Zabeil
- Director of Photography: Axel Schneppat
- Editing: Florian Miosge
- Cast: Alexander Fehling, Bérénice Bejo, Arian Montgomery
- Producer: Benny Drechsel, Andreas Pichler, Philipp Moravetz
- Production Co.: Rohfilm Productions GmbH, Echo Film GmbH, SWR - Südwestrundfunk
- World Sales: The Match Factory
- Turkish Rights: Filmartı
- 2017 LOCARNO Variety Piazza Grande
- 2017 HOF New Talent Award
Three Peaks examines the difficulties of forming family ties through a vacation gone wrong as it tells of how a man’s efforts to bond with his girlfriend’s son on a mountain trip is interrupted by a sudden fog. Alexander Fehling of Inglourious Bastards, Labyrinth of Lies, and Homeland fame shines as the well-meaning father in Three Peaks, which premiered in the Special Presentations section at TIFF. The delicate family dynamics will feel familiar to many in the latest film by former cinematographer Jan Zabeil, whose The River Used to be a Man also starring Fehling was shown at the 30th Istanbul Film Festival.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.