|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Christian Petzold
- GERMANY, FRANCE / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 101´ / German, French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Christian Petzold
- Original Work: Anna Seghers
- Director of Photography: Hans Fromm
- Editing: Bettina Böhler
- Music: Stefan Will
- Cast: Paula Beer, Lilien Batman, Ronald Kukulies, Godehard Giese, Franz Rogowski, Maryam Zaree, Barbara Auer, Matthias Brandt
- Producer: Florian Koerner von Gustorf, Michael Weber
- Production Co.: Schramm Film Koerner & Weber
- World Sales: The Match Factory
- Turkish Rights: Bir Film
German auteur Christian Petzold’s latest film which premiered at the Berlin Film Festival takes an intriguing look at the current immigrant crisis through Europe’s past. Adapted to screen from Anna Seghers 1942 novel, Transit follows Georg, a man who has assumed the identity of a dead writer whose documents he possesses. Georg arrives in Marseille and waiting approval to board a ship, he meets several fellow immigrants, along with the mysterious Marie, who causes him to change his plans. Shooting a story he borrowed from the past in contemporary Marseille, Christian Petzold emphasises how so little has changed in 75 years, and opens up a cinematic discussion on immigration and in-between-ness.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.