|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Daniel Palacio
- PHILIPPINES / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 84´ / Filipino; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Daniel Palacio
- Director of Photography: Rommel Sales
- Editing: Diego Marx Dobles
- Music: Maria Teresa Barrozo
- Cast: Joem Bascon, Mara Lopez, Grace Ann Betalmos, Ryan Sandoval
- Producer: Brillante Ma Mendoza
- Production Co.: Center Stage Productions
- World Sales: Center Stage Productions
- 2017 SAN SEBASTIAN Fedeora Special Mention
In “Eternal Home”, a cemetery in Manila–the jam packed capital of the Philippines–the dead and the living literally live on top of each other. Bangis and Barbie, a young couple in their early twenties, are one of the families who turned unvisited mausoleums into a home. They have to frequently take their little ailing daughter Ningning to the hospital, and as a resort to paying the medical bills they plan a daring heist. Inspired by true events in his debut feature, Daniel Palacio, who was a student of Philippine director Brillante Medoza, a producer of the film, who served as a jury member at the 2012 Festival, takes an unflinching look dashed with religious and political commentary at the global issue of homelessness.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.