|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
VALLEY OF SHADOWS
- Director: Jonas Matzow Gulbrandsen
- NORWAY / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 91´ / Norwegian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Jonas Matzow Gulbrandsen, Clement Tuffreau
- Director of Photography: Marius Matzow Gulbrandsen
- Editing: Mariusz Kus
- Music: Zbigniew Preisner
- Cast: Adam Ekeli, Kathrine Fagerland, John Olav Nilsen, Lennard Salamon, Jørgen Langhelle
- Producer: Alan R. Milligan
- Production Co.: Film Farms AS, Them Girls, Anna Kron
- World Sales: Celluloid Dreams
- Print Source: Pascale Ramonda
Premiered at TIFF, Valley of Shadows is a new generation gothic film inspired by Scandinavian tales. Our little hero Aslak is a boy who lives with his single mother. When he hears about the slaughtered animals in the vicinity, Aslak wants to uncover the reason behind the killings. He goes deep into the woods to find his missing dog. In his feature debut shot in 35mm, director Jonas Matzow Gulbrandsen marries breathtaking visuals that recall Nordic legends with music composed by Kieslowski-favorite Zbigniew Preisner and brings the mysterious uneasiness of childhood fears to the big screen.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.