|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Durmuş Akbulut
- TURKEY / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 91´ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Durmuş Akbulut
- Director of Photography: Serdar Özdemir
- Editing: Aziz İmamoğlu
- Music: Emin İnal
- Cast: Turan Özdemir, Serhan Süsler, Koray Ergun, Uğur Karabulut, Engin Çelik
- Producer: Elçin Çelik
- Production Co.: İde Yapım
- World Sales: İde Yapım
Salih works as a night watchman at a town cemetery. Despite his advanced age he walks two kilometres to work every day. He has been leading a reclusive life because of his job, detached from real life. The things he experiences on the way to the town, strange men who come over to his post, and a young girl who visits him every night in his dream lead Salih into deep paranoia. What is real and what is not is indistinguishable... Until the first rays of the day... Watchman tells a baroque tale that combines Chekhov’s dry humour with Giovanni Papini’s fantastic characters.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.