|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Ingmar Bergman
- SWEDEN / 1957 / DCP / B&W / 91´ / Swedish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ingmar Bergman
- Director of Photography: Gunnar Fischer
- Editing: Oscar Rosander
- Music: Erik Nordgren, Göte Lovén
- Cast: Victor Sjöström, Ingrid Thulin, Bibi Andersson, Gunnar Björnstrand
- Producer: Allan Ekelund
- Production Co.: AB Svensk Filmindustri
- World Sales: Swedish Film Instutute
- 1958 BERLIN Best Film, FIPRESCI Prize
- 1958 VENICE Pasinetti Award
- 1960 GOLDEN GLOBE Best Film in A Foreign Language
Filmed right after The Seventh Seal, Wild Strawberries is one of Bergman’s more optimistically humorous films. In his final film role, Victor Sjöström, the virtuoso actor of the Silent Era, plays Isak Borg, a retired doctor who travels to Lund from Stockholm to accept an award. The hitchhikers he encounters on rural roads make the cold and taciturn doctor feel his old age, frequently causing him to reminisce about his past. Written by Bergman while he was hospitalized, Wild Strawberries is a multi-layered road trip about missed opportunities of youth and relationships between parents and children that alternates between dreams, memories, and roads.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.