|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Hlynur Pálmason
- DENMARK, ICELAND / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 94´ / Danish, English; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Hlynur Pálmason
- Director of Photography: Maria Von Hausswolff
- Editing: Julius Krebs Damsbo
- Music: Toke Brorson Odin
- Cast: Elliott Crosset Hove, Simon Sears, Peter Plaugborg, Michael Brostrup, Victoria Carmen Sonne, Lars Mikkelsen
- Producer: Julie Waltersdorph Hansen, Per Damgaard Hansen, Hlynur Pálmason
- Production Co.: Masterplan Picture, Join Motion Pictures
- World Sales: New Europe Film Sales
- 2017 LOCARNO Best Actor (E.C. Hove), Europa Cinemas Label, Junior Jury Award, Ecumenical Jury Special Mention
- 2017 CPH PIX Best Actor (E.C. Hove)
- 2017 THESSALONIKI Best Director
-2018 KINO PAVASARIS (Vilnius) Best Film, Best Actor
A freezing cold weather, gruelling work conditions, repetitious habits and customs, a loveless story... In a mining town turned white from lime and snow, the daily struggle of two miner brothers continue jammed between prefab shacks and the chalkstone mine. The longing to love and be loved felt by younger brother Emil, who moonshines, not only drives a wedge between brothers, but also turns the fragile dynamics of the mining town upside down. Shot on 16mm in a Danish limestone mining town called Faxe, Winter Brothers evoke admiration especially with its cinematography and is the feature length debut of Icelandic director Hlynur Pálmason.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.