|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
A FAITHFUL MAN
- Director: Louis Garrel
- FRANCE / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 75’ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Louis Garrel, Jean-Claude Carrière
- Director of Photography: Irina Lubtchansky
- Editing: Joëlle Hache
- Cast: Louis Garrel, Laetitia Casta, Lily-Rose Depp
- Producer: Pascal Caucheteux, Grégoire Sorlat, Melissa Malinbaum
- Production Co.: Why Not Productions
- World Sales: Wild Bunch
- Turkish Rights: Bir Film
- 2018 TORONTO -- FIPRESCI-Special Mention
- 2018 SAN SEBASTIAN -- Best Screenplay
The latest film directed by celebrated French actor Louis Garrel also stars Garrel himself as Abel, who, eight years after their separation, meets Marianne again, at Paul’s funeral. Abel sees this tragic event as a good omen. Paul’s death will allow him to win Marianne back. That is, unless Joseph, Paul and Marianne’s son, and Paul’s sister Eve, acting behind the scenes, don’t succeed in destroying Abel’s hopes... Described by Garrel as “a contemporary comedy of manners,” the screenplay of A Faithful Man which combines comedy, drama, a hint of the French New Wave, and even thriller, was co-written by Garrel and Jean-Claude Carrière, the legendary novelist and screenwriter.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.