|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
No More Flowers
- Director: Radu Muntean
- ROMANIA, FRANCE, SWEDEN / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 105’ / Romanian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Alex Baciu, Razvan Radulescu, Radu Muntean
- Director of Photography: Tudor Lucaciu
- Editing: Andu Radu
- Cast: Andra Guți , Mihaela Sîrbu , Cristine Hămbăşanu , Ela Ionescu , Bogdan Dumitrache
- Producer: Dragoș Vîlcu, Oana Iancu
- Production Co.: Multi Media Est, Les Films de l'Après-midi, The Chimney Pot Sweden / Chimney, Film i Väst
- World Sales: Films Boutique
- 2018 LOCARNO -- Best Actress (A.Guti)
The heavy reality of being pregnant adds another burden to the already problematic life of adopted child Alice. For the bullheaded teenager, this extraordinary situation provides just another excuse for acting up, but it deeply affects her relationships with everyone around her, especially her mother. One of the prominent figures in the Romanian New Wave, Radu Muntean, whom we last saw at the Festival with One Floor Below, tackles complicated issues such as adoption, teenage pregnancy, abortion, parent-child relationships, and unconditional love. He also shows that he doesn’t hesitate to reinvent himself with a more stylized film featuring a more colorful palette than his previous efforts.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.