|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Mikhaël Hers
- FRANCE / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 106’ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Mikhaël Hers, Maud Ameline
- Director of Photography: Sébastien Buchmann
- Editing: Marion Monnier
- Music: Anton Sanko
- Cast: Vincent Lacoste, Isaure Multrier, Stacy Martin, Ophélia Kolb, Marianne Basler, Jonathan Cohen, Greta Scacchi
- Producer: Pierre Guyard
- Production Co.: Nord-Ouest Films, Arte France Cinéma
- World Sales: MK2 Films
- Turkish Rights: Pixel Production
- 2018 TOKYO -- Best Film, Best Screenplay
Amanda tells the story of how the balances in a family changes melodramatically, taking Paris as a backdrop. The film follows David, who gets by doing odd jobs, whose life is brutally interrupted by the sudden death of his sister. Beyond the shock and the pain, David now finds himself alone with his young niece Amanda to care for. Praised by Screen magazine as “a calm, healing film with utterly heartfelt, honest and sympathetic performances and a pleasingly emphatic emotional climax,” Amanda is directed by Mikhaël Hers, one of the better-kept secrets in current French cinema.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.