|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Markus Schleinzer
- AUSTRIA, LUXEMBOURG / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 110’ / German, French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Markus Schleinzer, Alexander Brom
- Director of Photography: Gerald Kerkletz
- Editing: Pia Dumont
- Cast: Makita Samba, Alba Rohrwacher, Larisa Faber, Gerti Drassl, Michael Rotschopf
- Producer: Franz Novotny, Alexander Glehr, Bady Minck, Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu, Markus Schleinzer
- Production Co.: Novotny & Novotny Filmproduktion
- World Sales: Playtime
- Turkish Rights: Fabula Films
- Print Source: AFC - Austrian Films
- 2019 AUSTRIAN FILM AWARDS -- Best Costume Design, Best Makeup, Best Production Design
Markus Schleinzer’s highly anticipated second feature film is inspired by the fragmentary nature of the mysterious, extraordinary biography of Angelo Soliman, who in the 18th century was abducted from Africa as a small boy and brought to Europe, educated as an exotic treasure, achieved prominence in adulthood and became the Viennese court mascot, until he decided to secretly marry a white woman. Shedding some light on the idea of home, identity, belonging and being alien, Angelo follows its mysterious title character as he transforms from his position as a victim to make it to the top. Angelo has premiered at Toronto Film Festival.
This film contains scenes of sexuality/violence that might disturb some viewers.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.