|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
ANGELS ARE MADE OF LIGHT
MELEKLER IŞIKTAN YARATILMIŞTIR
- Director: James Longley
- USA, DENMARK, NORWAY / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 117’ / Dari, Pashto, Arabic, English; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: James Longley
- Director of Photography: James Longley
- Editing: Janus Billeskov Jansen, Waltteri Vanhanen, James Longley
- Music: John Erik Kaada
- Producer: James Longley
- Production Co.: Daylight Factory, Ro*Co Films, JustFilms, Ford Foundation
- World Sales: The Film Collaborative
In his new film, James Longley, the director of Oscar-nominated film Iraq in Fragments, which was presented at the Festival, turns his camera to the pre-teen students of Kabul’s Daqiqi Balkhi School, specifically to three brothers: Sohrab, Roustem, and Yaldash. Longley concentrates on the daily routines of these young minds, who were born into a reality shaped with long-lasting war, conflict and poverty, and have to endure the rigors of a war that they didn’t partake in, and how they still continue to dream and fight for a better future in the face of all sorts of adversity. Angels Are Made of Light portrays both a human tragedy and the triumph of the human spirit through the innocent persistence of children.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.