|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
ANOTHER DAY OF LIFE
JESZCZE DZIEN ZYCIA
- Director: Raúl De La Fuente, Damian Nenow
- POLAND, SPAIN, GERMANY, HUNGARY / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 86’ / English, Portuguese, Polish, Spanish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Raúl De La Fuente, Damian Nenow, Amaia Remirez, Niall Johnson, David Weber
- Original Work: Ryszard Kapuscinski
- Director of Photography: Raúl De La Fuente, Gorka Gomez-Andreu
- Editing: Raúl De La Fuente
- Music: Mikel Salas
- Producer: Jarek Sawko, Ole Wendorff-Ostergaard, Amaia Remírez, Raúl de la Fuente
- Production Co.: Platige Films, Kanaki Films, Walking the Dog, Wüeste Films, Animations Fabrik, Puppetworks
- World Sales: Indie Sales
- 2018 GOYA AWARDS -- Best Animated Film
- 2018 SAN SEBASTIAN -- Audience Award
- 2018 EL GOUNA -- Best Documentary
Sent to Angola by the Polish Press Agency in the 1970s, to cover the bloody civil war, Ryszard Kapuscinski is an idealist and a brilliant veteran journalist. Conveying his testimony, he wrote Another Day of Life and told what he had witnessed-the dirty reality of war, helplessness, and cruelty. Using his eponymous book, archival footage and interviews, this animation film by multi-awarded, Oscar-nominated Spanish director Raúl De La Fuente and Polish animation master and director Damian Nenow, documents Kapuscinski’s experiences and transformation from acclaimed journalist to acclaimed writer.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.