|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Ali Abbasi
- SWEDEN, DENMARK / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 108’ / Swedish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ali Abbasi, John Ajvide Lindquist, Isabella Eklöf
- Original Work: John Ajvide Lindqvist
- Director of Photography: Nadim Carlsen
- Editing: Olivia Neergaard-Holm, Anderss Skov
- Music: Christoffer Berg, Martin Dirkov
- Cast: Eva Melander, Eero Milonoff, Jörgen Thorsson, Ann Pétren, Sten Ljungren, Rakel Wärmländer, Wilhelmsen Kjell
- Producer: Nina Bisgaard, Piodor Gustafsson, Petra Jönsson
- Production Co.: Meta Film Stockholm, Spark Film & TV, Kärnfilm
- World Sales: Films Boutique
- Turkish Rights: Bir Film
- 2018 CANNES -- Best Film-Un Certain Regard
- 2018 EFA -- Best Visual Effects
- 2019 GULDBAGGE (SWEDEN) -- Best Picture, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor, Best Make-up, Best Visual Effect, Best Sound
“Nordic noir” Border brings together two prominent names. Ali Abbasi, known for Shelley, directs an adaptation of a novel by John Ajvide Lindqvist-the author of Let the Right One In-which he co-wrote with Isabella Eklöf, who was a guest at last year’s Festival. Suspicious of a man crossing the border who is as equally strange as she is, customs officer Tina becomes obsessed with him and unearths secrets that will lead her to question her own identity. Border is an unusual thriller that cleverly fuses elements of film noir, supernatural horror, and romance.
This film contains scenes of sexuality/violence that might disturb some viewers.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.