|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
BRIEF STORY FROM THE GREEN PLANET
BREVE HISTORIA DEL PLANETA VERDE
- Director: Santiago Loza
- ARGENTINA, GERMANY, BRAZIL, SPAIN / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 90’ / Spanish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Santiago Loza
- Director of Photography: Eduardo Crespo
- Editing: Iair Michel Attias, Lorena Moriconi
- Music: Diego Vainer
- Cast: Romina Escobar, Paula Grinszpan, Luis Soda, Elvira Onetto, Pablo Cura, Anabella Bacigalupo, Leo Kildare Louback
- Producer: Constanza Sanz Palacios
- Production Co.: Constanza Sanz Palacios Films
- World Sales: The Open Reel
- 2019 BERLIN -- Teddy Award
The tenth film by Argentine director Santiago Loza that premiered at the Berlinale’s Panorama section is a road film and a melancholic and sweet drama with its LGBT protagonists. Brief Story from the Green Planet tells the story how transwoman Tania unites with her best friends on a quest to take back an alien who has accompanied Tania’s grandmother to its original finding place after the grandmother dies. With its vulnerable and yet resilient special characters (including the alien) this film is defined by some critics as “a Todd Haynes meets Spielberg’s Close Encounters of the Third Kind.”
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.