|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
COLD CASE HAMMARSKJÖLD
- Director: Mads Brügger
- DENMARK / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 128’ / English, French, Bemba, Danish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Mads Brügger
- Director of Photography: Tore Vollan
- Editing: Nicolas Nørgaard Staffolani
- Music: John Erik Kaada
- Producer: Peter Engel, Bjarte Mørner Tveit, Andreas Rocksén
- Production Co.: Wingman Media, Piraya Film, Laika Film & Television
- World Sales: Danish Film Institute
- 2019 SUNDANCE -- World Cinema - Documentary Directing Award
Very well-known to the Danish people, Mads Brügger is not only revered as an influential radio-TV-printed media researcher-journalist but also as an avid and meticulous documentarist, whose Red Chapel was screened at the Festival in 2010. Brügger’s latest film opens a cold case, as its title suggests, that rested closed for more than 50 years, that of UN Secretary General Dag Hammarskjold. Brügger and Swedish PI Göran Björkdahl investigate the mystery behind Hammarskjold’s death in a plane crash in 1961. Expecting to discover leads to his assassination due to his championing for Congo’s independence, instead they uncover the traces of a far more sinister and chilling powers in collusion.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.