|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
DEAD HORSE NEBULA
- Director: Tarık Aktaş
- TURKEY / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 73’ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Tarık Aktaş
- Director of Photography: Necmettin Akdeniz
- Editing: Osman Bayraktaroğlu
- Cast: Ali Yavuz Ilman, Barış Mert Bilgi, Ömer Bora, Serkan Aydın, Dilara Topuklular, Hasan Türker, Mümin Süren
- Producer: Güneş Şekeroğlu
- Production Co.: Hay Film
- World Sales: Hay Film
- 2019 ISTANBUL Seyfi Teoman Best Debut Film Prize
- 2019 International Spirit of Fire Debut Film Festival -- Silver Taiga
When Hay is seven years old, he encounters a dead horse in an open field, carefully observes his discovery, and watches his father and other grown-ups struggle to get rid of it. Unsure of this memory, he is nonetheless much influenced by this incident, and years later, when he cuts himself during a sacrificial rite, it all comes flashing back. Step by step, Hay goes down an inevitable and spiritual path where he confronts the relationship between human and nature, the unity of matter and the living.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.