|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Mohamed Ben Attia
- TUNISIA, BELGIUM, FRANCE, QATAR / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 104’ / Arabic; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Mohamed Ben Attia
- Director of Photography: Frédéric Noirhomme
- Editing: Nadia Ben Rachid
- Music: Omar Aloulou
- Cast: Mohamed Dhrif, Mouna Mejri, Zakaria Ben Ayed, Imen Chérif, Taylan Mintas, Tarik Copti
- Producer: Dora Bouchoucha, Luc & Jean-Pierre Dardenne, Nadim Cheikhrouha
- Production Co.: Nomadis Images, Les Films du Fleuve, Tanit Films
- World Sales: Luxbox
- 2018 EL GOUNA (EGYPT) -- Best Actor (M. Dhrif)
Produced by the Dardenne brothers, the second feature-length of Mohamed Ben Attia, who gained acclaim for his debut Hedi, premiered at the Directors’ Fortnight section of Cannes. Riyad and Nazli are ready to make every sacrifice for their 19 year-old son Sami. When they learn that he ran away to join ISIS, Riyad goes on a journey from Tunusia to the Syrian border of Turkey to track his son. Inspired by real events, Dear Son austerely portrays the emotional trauma that left behind family members go through. Documentarian Taylan Mintaş appears in a small role.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.