|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
National Documentary Competition
DO YOU THINK GOD LOVES IMMIGRANT KIDS, MOM?
TANRI GÖÇMEN ÇOCUKLARI SEVER Mİ ANNE?
- Director: Rena Lusin Bitmez
- TURKEY / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 96’ / Armenian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Rena Lusin Bitmez
- Director of Photography: Nurdoğan Erduvan
- Editing: Rena Lusin Bitmez, Uğur Hamidoğulları
- With: Ruzanna Babayan, Hasmik Varteresyan, Antranik Yedigaryan, Harutyun Boğosyan
- Producer: Rena Lusin Bitmez
- Production Co.: RenaArt Film
- World Sales: RenaArt Film
- 2019 ISTANBUL Best Documentary Film
This film tells the struggle of Armenian families migrated to Turkey/Istanbul who try to provide education for their children despite all the circumstances. In the core of this struggle, which started in 2003, there stands a dining hall centered school, located in a basement of a church where migrant children receive education from volunteer educators. During the film, the struggle of children living in a foreign land, their daily lives, their former habits and longings are told through the eyes of migrant children.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.