|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
DAR JOSTOJOYE FARIDEH
- Director: Azadeh Mousavi, Kouroush Ataei
- IRAN / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 88’ / Dutch, English, Persian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Director of Photography: Mohamad Hadadi
- Editing: Hamid Najafirad
- Music: Afshin Azizi
- Producer: Azadeh Mousavi, Kouroush Ataei
- Production Co.: Frame Film
- World Sales: Eli Image
- 2018 CINEMA VÉRITE (IRAN) -- Best Art and Experiment Film, Best Edit, Best Music, Special Prize
- 2018 IRAN CINEMA ACADEMY -- Best Documentary
- 2018 IRAN INDEPENDENT DOCUMENTARY AWARDS -- Best Directing, Best Sound
The headline of newspaper was brief, clear and naturally curious: “A Dutch girl is looking for her real family in Iran”. Taking off from this news story, Finding Farideh is about an Iranian girl named Farideh, who has been adopted by a Dutch couple 40 years ago, who now overcomes her fears to travel to her motherland Iran for the first time to meet three families who claim to be her real family, and to find out about her Iranian identity and culture. A tangle of emotions and questions confront Farideh and the filmmakers: “Who are my real parents? Those who gave birth or who raised me? Where is my homeland? Where do I belong to?” Questions with a strong fundamental problem hidden in the heart of them: identity crisis.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.