|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Philippe Lesage
- CANADA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 130’ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Philippe Lesage
- Director of Photography: Nicolas Canniccioni
- Editing: Mathieu Bouchard-Malo
- Cast: Noée Abita, Théodore Pellerin, Maxime Dumontier, Edouard Tremblay-Grenier, Émilie Bierre, Pier-Luc Funk
- Producer: Galilé Marion-Gauvin
- Production Co.: L'unité centrale
- World Sales: Be for Films
- 2018 VALLADOLID -- Best Film, Best Director, Best Actor (T. Pellerin)
- 2018 FESTIVAL DU NOUVEAU CINEMA (MONTREAL) Best Film, Best Actor (T. Pellerin)
In his new film, which had its world premiere at the Locarno Film Festival, Phillipe Lesage, the director of Demons which was screened at the Festival in 2013, tells a humorous and tender coming-of-age story about the obsessive world of unrequited first loves full of heartbreak, pain and confusion. 16-year-old Guillaume, a student at a boys’ boarding school, develops feelings for his classmate Nicolas that he doesn’t know how to express. On the other hand, his older sister Charlotte is shocked by the “open relationship” offer from her boyfriend Maxime. Two siblings try to navigate through an emotional world of uncertainties whose rules they are unfamiliar with. Canadian director Lasage is on the jury of this year’s International Competition.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.