|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Claire Denis
- FRANCE, GERMANY, UK, POLAND, USA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 110’ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Claire Denis, Jean-Pol Fargeau & Geoff Cox
- Director of Photography: Yorick Le Saux
- Editing: Guy Lecorne
- Music: Stuart A. Staples
- Cast: Robert Pattinson, Juliette Binoche, André 3000, Mia Goth, Agata Buzek, Lars Eidinger
- Producer: Andrew Lauren, D.J. Gugenheim, Claudia Steffen, Christoph Friedel, Laurence Clerc, Olivier Thery Lapiney, Oliver Dungey, Klaudia Smieja
- Production Co.: Alcatraz Films, Andrew Lauren Prod., Pandora Film Prod., The Apocalypse Films, Madants
- World Sales: Wild Bunch
- Turkish Rights: Bir Film
- 2018 SAN SEBASTIAN FIPRESCI -- Prize
- 2018 GHENT -- Best Music
Monte lives with a baby on board the spaceship #7 which is heading towards a black hole where the fabric of space and time is bent. Boasting an impressive cast featuring Robert Pattison, Juliette Binoche, and Mia Goth, High Life, premiered at Toronto. For her first sci-fi, Denis asked her actors to take astronaut training at the European Space Agency in Cologne. As per usual in Denis’ films, Stuart A. Staples, the lead singer of indie band Tindersticks, is at the helm of the soundtrack and sound design. In Claire Denis’ own words, “High Life speaks only of desire and of fluids. (...) It is a film about despair and human tenderness. About love, despite everything.”
This film contains scenes of sexuality/violence that might disturb some viewers.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.