|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
HOUSE OF HUMMINGBIRD
- Director: Bora Kim
- SOUTH KOREA, USA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 138’ / Korean; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Bora Kim
- Director of Photography: Gook-hyun Kang
- Editing: Zoe Sua Cho
- Music: Matija Strniša
- Cast: Ji-hu Park, Sae-byuk Kim, Seung-yeon Lee, In-gi Jeong
- Producer: Zoe Sua Cho, Bora Kim
- Production Co.: Mass Ornament Films, Epiphany Films
- World Sales: Contents Panda
- 2019 ISTANBUL --Golden Tulip (Grand prix International Competition)
- 2019 BERLIN -- Grand Prix--Generation 14+
- 2018 BUSAN -- NETPAC Award, Audience Award
- 2018 SEOUL INDEPENDENT FF -- Best Film-New Choices, Committee Award
Seoul, 1994... In the year of the Seongsu Bridge collapse, 14-year-old Eunhee wanders the city searching for love. Deprived of attention from her family, she wanders the city giving her heart to anyone who might love her, oblivious to some historical incidents marking the headlines. When Youngji, a new teacher arrives, she becomes the first adult who understands her. The debut feature from awarded short film director Bora Kim was lauded by critics as “a sensational film signalling a major new talent,” a surpassing Korean indie drama which subtly explores adolescence, education, family and societal pressures.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.