|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Peter Strickland
- UK / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 118’ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Peter Strickland
- Director of Photography: Ari Wegner
- Editing: Matyas Fekete
- Music: Cavern of Anti-Matter
- Cast: Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Hayley Squires, Leo Bill, Gwendoline Christie, Sidse Babett Knudsen, Caroline Catz
- Producer: Andrew Starke, Ian Benson
- Production Co.: Rook Films, BBC Films, BFI, Head Gear Films, Metrol Technology
- World Sales: Bankside Films
- 2018 AUSTIN -- Best Director
- 2018 MAR DEL PLATA -- Best Film
- 2018 LES ARCS -- Best Cinematography
In his new film that pays homage to Italian masters Dario Argento and Mario Bava through its visuality and atmosphere, Peter Strickland, the eccentric British director of The Duke of Burgundy and Berberian Sound Studio, follows the curse of a red dress.This striking gown on the rack during winter sale at the hellish D&S department store populated by all sorts of weird employees is the main character of In Fabric. Strickland once again proves his originality with his new film which winks at giallo, supernatural, fashion, and thriller genres and provides an enrapturing visual feast with its stylized sets in a riot of colors.
This film contains scenes of sexuality/violence that might disturb some viewers.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.