|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Carlos Sorín
- ARGENTINA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 100’ / Spanish ; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Carlos Sorín
- Director of Photography: Iván Gierasinchuk
- Editing: Mohamed Rajid
- Music: Nicolás Sorin
- Cast: Joel Noguera, Victoria Almeida, Diego Gentile, Ana Katz, Emilce Festa, Gustavo Daniele
- Producer: Juan Pablo Buscarini
- Production Co.: Pampa Films
- World Sales: Latido Films
Exploring Patagonia in Bombon: El Perro and Historias Minimas, director Carlos Sorín once again visits the same lands for a family drama. The eponymous character of the film is Joel-a nine-year-old adopted by Cecilia and Diego, a couple who have just moved to a remote town in Tierra del Fuego. Joel has been through hard times and, only utters the words “yes” and “no”. Things get harder for Cecilia and Diego, when it turns out that Joel speaks at school only and stirs up trouble. Carlos Sorín discovers the boundaries of self-sacrifice in this moving drama set in a snow-capped town where mistrust and hypocrisy is all around.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.