|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Ivan I. Tverdovsky
- RUSSIA, LITHUANIA, IRELAND, FRANCE / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 90’ / Russian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ivan I. Tverdovsky
- Director of Photography: Denis Alarcón Ramirez
- Editing: Ivan I. Tverdovsky
- Music: Kirill Richter
- Cast: Denis Vlasenko, Anna Slyu, Danil Steklov, Pavel Chinarev, Vilma Kutaviciute, Alexandra Ursulyak, Maxim Vitorgan
- Producer: Natalya Mokritskaya
- Production Co.: New People Company
- World Sales: New Europe Film Sales
- 2019 KARLOVY VARY -- Special Jury Mention
Young Oksana put Denis in a baby box when he was an infant and abandoned him. Sixteen years later, she steals him away from an orphanage, intent on making amends for her neglect. The fragile boy, however, has one unusual quality which Oksana has no qualms about exploiting: he feels no pain. Young director Tverdovsky in his follow-up to Zoology, which followed a woman with a tail, once again focuses on an outcast, an extraordinary character who is rejected by others. “People who are different from most of us or have some special characteristics, which make them unique,” says Tverdovskiy, “they are the ones that change our reality.”
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.