2019 Meetings on the Bridge Film Development Workshop projects are announced
Meetings on the Bridge (MoB) is the international co-production and networking platform organized within the scope of the İstanbul International Film Festival. The 14th edition of MoB will take place on 7-12 April with support of Anadolu Efes.
Mob is providing an opportunity for filmmakers to hold the first international presentations for their new film projects at Film Development Workshop and Neighbours Platform and films in post-production at Work in Progres. MoB aims to pave the way for co-productions for cultural exchange and financial support.
This year 11 fiction and 2 documentary feature film projects are selected from among 120 applications Meetings on the Bridge Film Development Workshop recieved.
This year’s selection presents Zeynep Dadak who premiered in Berlinale with her first film and Ahu Öztürk, winner of Best Film Award and Banu Sıvacı, winner of Seyfi Teoman Best Debut Film Award. Seren Yüce, who received Lion of the Future for his first film Majority is also a part of the selection. Elif Refiğ, who participated in Meeting on the Bridge in 2010 with her film Ships, will be in this year’s selection with her second film. Emine Yıldırım, a prominent producer, is coming back this year as a director for her fantasy film. Another prominent producer Müge Özen is joining the edition with a thriller project with director Orçun Behram. One of last year’s award winner producers Engin Palabıyık will be in this years edition with LGBT+ road film, directed by Ali Erciyan, inspired from a true story. Along with the more experienced filmmakers, award winning short film directors Can Eren, Nuri Cihan Özdoğan and Pınar Yorgancıoğlu are joining us with debut film projects. This year’s two documentary projects are Amber İşbilen’s project on fenomenal Turkish singer Selda Bağcan and Nejla Demirci’s project on a young football players life story.
Projects selected for Film Development Workshop:
- Apollon By Day Athena By Night (dir. Emine Yıldırım, prod. Dilde Mahalli, Emine Yıldırım- Giyotin Film)
- Electric Sleep ( yön. Zeynep Dadak, yap. Enis Köstepen, Zeynep Dadak- Fena Film)
- Funeral (dir. Orçun Behram, prod. Müge Özen – Solis Film)
- Good Luck (dir. Elif Refiğ, prod. Elif Vatansever, Oya Özden- Terminal Film)
- Growing Morass (dir. Can Eren, prod. Neslihan Oskay)
- Güneş (dir. Nejla Demirci, prod. Mesut Ulutaş- Ney Film) – documentary
- Hunchbak (dir. Ahu Öztürk, prod. Münire Armstrong- Roni Film)
- Masquerade (dir. Nuri Cihan Özdoğan, prod. Orçun Günebakan, Nuri Cihan Özdoğan)
- Post (dir. Seren Yüce, prod. Serkan Çakarer +90 Film)
- Selda (yön. Amber İşbilen, yap. Leyla Hamedi- Infidel Films)- documentary
- The Exile (dir. Ali Ercivan, prod. Engin Palabıyık- Harikulade Film)
- Thin Long Road (dir. Banu Sıvacı, prod. Zeynep Koray, Mesut Ulutaş- Anagraf Film)
- Those Who Whistle After Dark (dir. Pınar Yorgancıoğlu; prod. Sarah Seulki Oh)
- 30.000 TL Meetings on the Bridge Award
- 8000 EURO CNC Award
- Melodika Sound Award
- Mediterranean Film Institute (MFI) Script Workshop Award
- GeniusPark VFX Award
- Transilvania Pitch Stop Award
Film crews will be attending script development, production, pitching techniques, marketing and distribution workshops with internationally experienced industry professionals in March.
The award winners will be selected after a series of meetings with the international jury.
Awards to be presented to selected projects at the end of the workshops:
The content of this publication, supported by the Istanbul Development Agency and prepared within the scope of Innovative Workshops and Improving the Creativity and Commercial Success Capacities of National Film Industry Actors Project, does not reflect the views of Istanbul Development Agency or Development Ministry and Istanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts is the only party responsible for the content.