2021 Meetings on the Bridge Film Development Workshop projects are announced!
Meetings on the Bridge (MoB) is the international co-production, training and networking platform organized within the scope of the İstanbul Film Festival, which will take place on 2-9 April with the support of Anadolu Efes.
MoB brings filmmakers from Turkey and its neighbouring countries together with the film professionals from Europe with the aim to initiate the first steps for future artistic and financial co-productions at the Film Development, Neighbours and Work in Progress Workshops with the contributions of TRT.
Following the declaration of World Health Organisation about COVID-19 as pandemic, Meetings on the Bridge took the necessary precautions and will keep on performing its program online taking into consideration the urgent timeline of the filmmakers attending the MoB workshops with their films and projects.
This year 17 fiction and 4 documentary feature film projects will be presented at the Meetings on the Bridge Film Development Workshop. International presentations of the projects at one to one meetings will be held online on 7-8-9 April.
The director of Dead Horse Nebula which premiered at the Locarno Film Festival, Tarık Aktaş is coming back to MoB with Kriegsausgabe a dystopic project taking place in Mesapotamia. The award winning documentary filmmaker Ruken Tekeş is joining MoB with her first fiction film project Philax after the premiere of her documentary Aether at Vision du Reel. Emine Emel Balcı has joined MoB with Until I Lose My Breath which premiered Berlinale Forum. She is coming back with I’m Here I’m Fine.
Selman Nacar, received the Anadolu Efes Award with his first feature film Between Two Dawns in Work in Progress last year, and he is joining us with the feature film project Hesitation Wound, Nazlı Elif Durlu , who received the Color Up Post-production Award with her first feature film Zuhal, will present her second feature film project Dark Forest. Tareq Daoud, participated in Work In Progress platform with his film Yaban, will be at Meetings on the Bridge with his new feature film project Şerife Tavşan.
We are happy that ten directors joining us with their debut film projects, a statement that is confirming the ongoing productivitiy of the filmmakers during the pandemic.
Almost Entirely a Slight Disaster, the first feature film project of Umut Subaşı, who received the Best Short Film Award at the Istanbul Film Festival with his first short film, Thursday Night Is Too Dark, first feature project of Onur Sefer, who participated at Meetings on the Bridge Short Film Workshop with his film I Don’t Want to Die Today and Berna the first feature film project of Sinan Kesova, who won the FIPRESCI award at the 36th Istanbul Film Festival with his short film Hinterland will be presented at the Film Development Workshop.
The three feature documentaries with powerful statements in the selection of Film Development Workshop this year: Anıl Eraslan’s Sound Dreams of Istanbul, Efe Öztezdoğan’s Road to Tokyo and Yavuz Gözeller’s Gold Fever.
Yılmaz Özdil’s first feature film project Banishment and the co-writer of Daha / More Doğu Akal’s first feature film project Tussifed and Gülten Taranç’s second feature film project The Snail introducing a critical approach to the ideal female body perception will be at the Film Development Workshop.
Projects selected for Film Development Workshop:
- Almost Entirely a Slight Disaster (dir. Umut Subaşı, prod. Cemre Erül)
- Banishment (dir. Yılmaz Özdil, prod. Hewi Çınar )
- Berna (dir. Sinan Kesova, prod. Alara Hamamcıoğlu, Arda Çiltepe)
- Bikechess (dir. Assel Aushakimova, prod. Almagul Tleukhanova, Assel Aushakimova)
- Dark Forest (dir. Nazlı Elif Durlu, prod. Annamaria Aslanoğlu)
- GingerEla (dir. Thanasis Neofotistos, prod. Haris Papadopoulos)
- Gold Fever (dir. Yavuz Gözeller, prod. Hilal Şenel)
- Hesitation Wound (dir. Selman Nacar, prod. Burak Çevik, Diloy Gülün)
- I’m Here I’m Fine (dir. Emine Emel Balcı, prod. Dilek Aydın)
- Kriegsausgabe (dir. Tarık Aktaş, prod. Güneş Şekeroğlu)
- Maya (dir. Tonia Mishiali, prod. Stelana Kliris, Tonia Mishiali)
- Philax (dir. Ruşen Tekeş, prod. Balam Bingül, Billur Arıkan)
- Pit (dir. Giorgi Chalauri, prod. Giorgi Kobalia)
- Road to Tokyo (dir. Efe Öztezdoğan, prod. Aslıhan Altuğ, Haluk Koçak)
- Sound Dreams of Istanbul (dir. Anıl Eraslan, prod. Kıvılcım Akay)
- Şerife Tavşan (dir. Tareq Daoud, prod. Çiğdem Mater)
- The Chaos of Silence (dir and prod. Nino Shaburishvili)
- The Eagle of Barwaq (dir. Kiarash Anvari, prod. Sadaf Foroughi)
- The Snails (dir. Gülten Taranç, prod. Eylem Atakav)
- Thursday Night Is Too Dark (dir. Onur Sefer, prod. Tilbe Cana İnan)
- Tussifed (dir. Doğu Akal, prod. Kaan Ege)
The directors and the producers of the selected projects will be attending scriptwriting, production, pitching, marketing and social media trainings with internationally experienced industry professionals in March.
The award winners will be selected by the international jury after the presentations.
Awards to be presented to selected projects at the end of the workshops:
- TRT Award – 50.000 TL
- Meetings on the Bridge Award - 30.000 TL
- CNC Award - 8000 EURO
- Melodika Sound Award
- Mediterranean Film Institute (MFI) Script Workshop Award
- Postbıyık Sound Post-production Award
- Transilvania Pitch Stop Award
- SE-YAP Award
The content of this publication, supported by the Istanbul Development Agency and prepared within the scope of Innovative Workshops and Improving the Creativity and Commercial Success Capacities of National Film Industry Actors Project, does not reflect the views of Istanbul Development Agency or Development Ministry and Istanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts is the only party responsible for the content.