|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
KEEP AN EYE OUT
- Director: Quentin Dupieux
- FRANCE / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 73’ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Quentin Dupieux
- Director of Photography: Quentin Dupieux
- Editing: Quentin Dupieux
- Music: David Sztanke
- Cast: Benoît Poelvoorde, Gregoire Ludig, Marc Fraize, Anaïs Demoustier, Philippe Duquesne
- Producer: Thomas Verhaeghe, Mathieu Verhaeghe
- Production Co.: Atelier de Production, Cinefrance, Umedia, Cinéfrance 1888
- World Sales: WTFilms
- 2018 SAN SEBASTIAN -- Audience Award
- 2018 SITGES -- Best Screenplay
- 2018 FESTIVAL DU NOUVEAU CINEMA (MONTRÉAL) -- Public’s Choice
Upon finding a dead body at the door of his apartment building, Fugain does the right thing and reports it to the police. Little did poor Fugain know that he’ll end up spending the entire night at the police station being subjected to the increasingly rough and strange interrogation of police chief Buron. Quentin Dupieux, the mischievous director of Wrong and Rubber, turns his camera from the US to France in the 70s with yet another bonkers comedy in which he plays with genre conventions, this time paying tribute to detective films and the ordinary man. Veteran Belgian comic Benoît Poelvoorde shines as chief Buron.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.