|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Joachim Lafosse
- BELGIUM, FRANCE / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 84’ / French, Russian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Joachim Lafosse, Thomas Van Zuylen
- Original Work: Laurent Mauvignier
- Director of Photography: Jean-François Hensgens
- Editing: Yann Dedet
- Cast: Virginie Efira, Kacey Mottet-Klein, Diego Martin, Mairambek Kozhoev, Damira Ripert
- Producer: Sylvie Pialat, Jacques-Henri Bronckart, Benoît Quainon, Olivier Bronckart
- Production Co.: Versus Production, Les films du Worso
- World Sales: Le Pacte
Sybille, a divorced mother, can’t stand watching her teenage son Samuel slip into a violent and meaningless life. As a last resort, she takes Samuel on a long journey across Kyrgyzstan. Accompanied only by their two horses, mother and son face the magnificent yet hostile natural environment, its dangers, its rewards, its people... and above all each other. The third feature film from Joachim Lafosse whose Our Children and Private Madness were screened at the Festival forms around the idea that there is a mystery between mothers and their sons, which usually ignores the mother’s dreams, and Lafosse claims that “Keep Going is my way, through cinema, of sharing this mystery with you.” Keep Going is adapted to screen from celebrated French writer Laurent Mauvignier’s novel.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.