|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Phuttiphong Aroonpheng
- THAILAND, FRANCE, CHINA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 105’ / Thai; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Phuttiphong Aroonpheng
- Director of Photography: Nawarophaat Rungphiboonsophit
- Editing: Lee Chatametikool, Harin Paesongthai
- Music: Christine Ott, Mathieu Gabry (Snowdrops)
- Cast: Wanlop Rungkamjad, Aphisit Hama, Rasmee Wayrana
- Producer: Mai Meksawan, Jakrawal Nilthamrong, Chatchai Chaiyon, Philippe Avril
- Production Co.: Diversion, Les Films de l’Etranger
- World Sales: Jour2Fête
- 2018 VENICE -- Best Film-Orizzonti
- 2018 CAIRO -- Best Director
- 2018 THESSALONIKI -- Best Director
- 2018 ZAGREB -- Best Feature
A Thai fisherman finds a wounded man, lying unconscious in a forest by the sea which Rohingya immigrants drown in trying to find a better way of life. He takes this man of no words to his home, nurses him back to health and names him Thongchai. When one day, the fisherman doesn’t return from the sea Thongchai gradually assumes his identity, takes over his house and even his wife. In his first feature, Thai director Phuttiphong Aroonpheng turns to versatile French artist Christine Ott and Mathieu Gabry for the soundtrack and sensitively portrays the plight and desperation of displaced people and bodiless souls.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.