|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Human Rights in Cinema Competition
- Director: Wagner Moura
- BRAZIL / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 155’ / Portuguese; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Felipe Braga, Wagner Moura
- Director of Photography: Adrian Teijido
- Editing: Lucas Gonzaga
- Music: Antonio Pinto
- Cast: Seu Jorge, Adriana Esteves, Bruno Gagliasso, Luiz Carlos Vasconcelos, Humberto Carrão
- Producer: Bel Berlinck, Andrea Barata Ribeiro, Wagner Moura, Fernando Meirelles
- Production Co.: O2 Filmes
- World Sales: Elle Driver
Multi-talented Brazilian artist, journalist, musician, actor, Narcos’ Escobar Wagner Moura, this time is behind the camera for his directorial debut which premiered at the Berlin Film Festival. Co-written by Moura, Marighella centres around Brazilian Marxist, ideological activist, politician Carlos Marighella, played by Brazilian celebrity actor and musician Seu Jorge. The film focuses on the final years of Marighella who was a symbol of resistance against the military dictatorship in Brazil in the 1960s and who was killed in 1969.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.