|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Zsófia Szilágyi
- HUNGARY / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 99’ / Hungarian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Zsófia Szilágyi, Réka Mán-Várhegyi
- Director of Photography: Balázs Domokos
- Editing: Máté Szórád
- Music: Máté Balogh
- Cast: Zsófia Szamosi, Leo Füredi, Ambrus Barcza, Zorka Varga-Blaskó, Márk Gárdos, Annamária Láng, Éva Vándor, Károly Hajduk
- Producer: Edina Kenesei, Agnes Pataki, Judit Romwalter, Gábor Kovács, Judit Varga
- Production Co.: Partnersfilm Ltd., Sparks, Filmpartners Ltd., Prop-Club,, Hungarian Film Labor
- World Sales: Films Boutique
- 2018 CANNES -- FIPRESCIPrize
- 2018 CAIRO -- Best Actress (Z. Szamosi)
- 2018 SARAJEVO -- Best Actress (Z. Szamosi)
Premiered at the Critics’ Week section of Cannes this hyper realistic film depicts the alienating effect of parenting through its uncompromising anxiety, relentless pace and sharp point of view. 30-something Anna’s marriage has become a ball of obligations between her work, her three kids that require constant attention and her nagging husband. This soul-abrading cacophonic and devouring routine comes to a halt when she learns that her husband has cheated on her with her best friend. One Day is the feature debut of Zsófia Szilágyi who worked as director Ildikó Enyedi’s assistant on On Body and Soul.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.