|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Jean-Gabriel Périot
- FRANCE / 2018 / DCP / Colour and B&W / 96’ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Director of Photography: Amine Berrada
- Editing: Jean-Gabriel Périot
- Producer: Frederic Dubreuil
- Production Co.: Envie de Tempête Productions
- World Sales: Doc & Film International
- 2019 BERLIN -- CICAE Prize-Forum
In his latest film, French director Jean-Gabriel Périot, celebrated for his short video works which occupy a special place between documentary, animation and experimental, sets off to find an answer to the question, “where do we stand vis-à-vis politics in France today, in 2018?” and questions our contemporary political condition by involving ten French high school students in a unique cinematic “filmplay”. The selected students restage scenes from films from 1968 and Our Defeats intersperses the results with short interviews with students. The film asks the question, “Do we keep enough forces to confront ourselves with the chaos of today?” while building a topical, poetic, critical, and political narrative that maintains its “film about a film” structure.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.