|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
PASSED BY CENSOR
- Director: Serhat Karaaslan
- TURKEY, GERMANY, FRANCE / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 95’ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Serhat Karaaslan
- Director of Photography: Meryem Yavuz
- Editing: Ali Aga
- Cast: Berkay Ateş, Saadet Işıl Aksoy, Füsun Demirel, İpek Türktan Kaynak, Erdem Şenocak, Müfit Kayacan, Banu Fotocan
- Producer: Serkan Çakarer
- Production Co.: +90 Film Prodüksiyon Ltd.
- World Sales: BAC Films
- 2019 ISTANBUL -- Best Screenplay (Serhat Karaaslan), Best Editing (Ali Aga)
As a prison letter examiner, Zakir’s job is to black out objectionable content from the inmates’ incoming and outgoing mail. In his free time, Zakir attends a writing course--his secret passion, and means to socialising outside work. When the course instructor asks the class to write a short story based on a photograph, Zakir steals one from an inmate’s letter. The photograph belongs to convict Recep and his wife Selma. That’s when the mundane life in the home he shares with his mother and the prison begins to change.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.