|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Nicolas Roeg, Donald Cammell
- UK / 1970 / 35 mm / Colour / 105’ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Anita Pallenberg, Donald Cammell
- Director of Photography: Nicolas Roeg
- Editing: Antony Gibbs, Brian Smedley-Aston
- Music: Jack Nitzsche, Jagger/Richards
- Cast: James Fox, Mick Jagger, Anita Pallenberg, Michèle Breton, Ann Sidney
- Producer: Sanford Lieberson
- Production Co.: Goodtimes Enterprises
- World Sales: Park Circus
Nicolas Roeg, who passed away earlier last year, is known to be an influential filmmaker especially with his exceptional way of editing in his films. Roeg’s career which took off in 1961 as a cinematographer took a different path with Performance, which he directed with Donald Cammell in 1971. A controversial work then, and deemed a critical masterpiece later, this extraordinary crime film follows a gangster who takes shelter in a former rock star’s residence following a murder he has committed. Starring Mick Jagger as the rock star, Performance was a source of inspiration for many music videos of its era with its revolutionary editing.
This film contains scenes of sexuality/violence that might disturb some viewers.
Images courtesy of Park Circus/Warner Bros.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.