|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Jaime Rosales
- SPAIN, FRANCE, DENMARK / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 107’ / Spanish, Catalan; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Jaime Rosales, Michel Gaztambide, Clara Roquet
- Director of Photography: Hélène Louvart
- Editing: Lucía Casal
- Music: Kristian Selin Eidnes Andersen
- Cast: Bárbara Lennie, Alex Brendemühl, Joan Botey, Marisa Paredes, Petra Martínez, Carme Pla, Oriol Pla
- Producer: Bárbara Díez, José María Morales, Antonio Chavarrías, Jérôme Dopffer, Katrin Pors, Mikkel Jersin, Eva Jakobsen
- Production Co.: Fresdeval Films, Wanda Vision, Oberon Cinematogràfica, Les Productions Balthazar, Snowglobe
- World Sales: Film Factory
- 2018 CINE CEARÁ -- Best Film, Best Director
- 2019 GAUDI AWARDS -- Best Supporting Actor (O. Pla)
“The Spanish Haneke” Jaime Rosales, returns four years after Beautiful Youth with a relentless, surprising, tough family tragedy. The eponymous Petra doesn’t know who her father is. After the death of her mother, she embarks on a search that leads her to Jaume, a famous artist who is a powerful, ruthless man, and his family. Then the story of these characters begins to intertwine in a spiral of malice, family secrets and violence, heading towards a Greek tragedy. Premiering at Cannes’ Directors Fortnight section, Petra follows a non-linear script that always keeps the viewer’s attention awake, oscillating between fate’s cruel logic and hope.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.