|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Benjamin Naishtat
- ARGENTINA, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, GERMANY, FRANCE, SWITZERLAND / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 109’ / Spanish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Benjamin Naishtat
- Director of Photography: Pedro Sotero
- Editing: Andrés Quaranta
- Music: Vincent van Warmerdam
- Cast: Dario Grandinetti, Andrea Frigerio, Alfredo Castro, Diego Cremonesi, Laura Grandinetti
- Producer: Barbara Sarasola-Day, Federico Eibuszyc
- Production Co.: Pucará Cine
- World Sales: Luxbox
- Turkish Rights: Pixel Production
- 2018 SAN SEBASTIAN -- Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Actor (D. Grandinetti)
In the mid-seventies, a strange man arrives in a quiet provincial city. In a restaurant, without any apparent reason, he starts insulting Claudio, a renowned lawyer. Thrown out of the place, the stranger, who is determined to wreak a terrible vengeance, intercepts Claudio and his wife. The lawyer then takes a path of no return involving death, secrets and silence. Taking inspiration from his cinematographic fascination of the 70s, his family’s past, and the genre films of Francis Ford Coppola, Sidney Lumet or John Boorman, director Naishtat creates a tense crime film recreating the tropes of the decade about a social situation of silence foreshadowing Argentina’s darkest years.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.