|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Alex Moratto
- BRAZIL / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 71’ / Portuguese; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Alex Moratto, Thayna Mantesso
- Director of Photography: Joao Gabriel de Queiroz
- Editing: Alex Moratto, Sabine Hoffman
- Music: Felipe Puperi & Tiago Abrahão
- Cast: Christian Malheiros, Tales Ordakji, Rosane Paulo, Caio Martinez Pacheco, Jayme Rodrigues
- Producer: Tammy Weiss, Ramin Bahrani, Jefferson Paulino, Alex Moratto
- Production Co.: Quero Filmes, Instituto Quero, Jefferson Paulino
- World Sales: O2 Play
- 2018 THESSALONIKI -- Special Mention of the Jury, Mermaid Award
- 2018 MANNHEIM-HEIDELBERG -- Special Jury Award, Outstanding Performance Actor (C. Malheiros)
- 2018 SÃO PAULO -- Honorable Mention
- 2018 RIO DE JANEIRO -- Felix Award
The life of 15-year-old Sócrates, who lives in a ghetto in São Paulo, is turned upside down upon his mother’s sudden and inexplicable death. He is forced to work any job he finds in order to pay his debt and make the rent. In one of these jobs, he meets a troubled boy named Maicon and out of a common fate, the two boys bond. In his directorial debut, Alex Moratto has worked with a team of at-risk teenagers from low-income communities and brings their struggles to make an existence for themselves to the silver screen with a sensitive and caring eye.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.