|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
L’HEURE DE LA SORTIE
- Director: Sébastien Marnier
- FRANCE / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 103’ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Sébastien Marnier, Elise Griffon
- Original Work: Christophe Duffosé
- Director of Photography: Romain Carcanade
- Editing: Isabelle Manquillet
- Music: Zombie Zombie
- Cast: Laurent Lafitte, Luana Bajrami, Victor Bonnel, Emmanuelle Bercot, Pascal Greggory, Gringe, Grégory Montel, Véronique Ruggia-Saura, Thomas Scimeca, Adèle Castillon
- Producer: Caroline Bonmarchand
- Production Co.: Avenue B Productions, 2L Production
- World Sales: Celluloid Dreams
- Print Source: Pascale Ramonda
- 2018 SITGES -- Special Mention
Premiered at the Venice Film Festival’s Sconfini section, which showcases “unclassifiable” films, School’s Out is an at-the-edge-of-your-seat mystery full of twists, with its dark and tense atmosphere and unsettling score. 40-year-old Pierre is assigned to a class of gifted students after their home-room teacher commits suicide. For Pierre, these super smart teens, who think that the world is at the brink of an environmental catastrophe, seem intriguing and tight-lipped at first, but following some strange events, he is convinced that six of them are up to something secretive and gets obsessed with uncovering the mystery. Sébastien Marnier’s second feature provides a steadily ominous critic of contemporary society.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.