|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Zhang Yimou
- CHINA, HONG KONG / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 116’ / Mandarin; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Li Wei, Zhang Yimou
- Director of Photography: Zhao Xiaoding
- Editing: Zhou Xiaolin
- Music: Zai Lao
- Cast: Deng Chao, Sun Li, Zheng Kai, Wang Qianyuan, Wang Jingchun, Hu Jun, Guan Xiaotong, Wu Leo
- Producer: Ellen Eliasoph
- Production Co.: Perfect Village Entertainment
- World Sales: Bloom International, LLC
- Turkish Rights: Filmartı
- 2018 TAIPEI -- Best Director, Best Visual Effects, Best Art Direction, Best Make-up&Costume
Always coming up with the most fascinating wuxia films, Zhang Yimour returns this time with a brilliant feature set in the 3rd century. Shadow centres on a king who, during the Three Kingdoms Period is sent on exile against the wishes of the public. The cunning commander in chief of the king believes that the only way to save the throne is to raise a “shadow commander.” World premiering at Venice, The Shadow is inspired from the traditional Chinese art of ink brush painting, and tells a breath-taking story of epic proportions with the help of expertly set painting-like frames, the world he has constructed and action.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.