|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Best of The Fests
- Director: Angelos Frantzis
- GREECE, FRANCE, LATVIA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 128’ / Greek, Russian, English; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Angelos Frantzis, Spyros Kribalis
- Director of Photography: Simon Beaufils
- Editing: Nelly Ollivault
- Music: Coti K
- Cast: Katia Goulioni, Andreas Konstantinou, Indra Burkovska, Juris Bartkevics, Ivars Puga
- Producer: Giorgos Karnavas, Konstantinos Kontovrakis, Mathieu Bompoint, Aija Bērziņa, Alise Gelze, Vassilis Alatas, Angelos Frantzis
- Production Co.: Heretic, Mezzanine Films, Tasse Films, Alatas Films, The Gardens
- World Sales: Heretic Outreach
- 2018 THESSALONIKI -- Greek Film Critics Association Award
Anna and Petros is a couple who recently moved to an industrial Siberian town from Greece. When they learn that Anna is pregnant they are utterly shocked since they haven’t had intercourse for a while. The news fills Petros’ mind with all sorts of suspicions whereas Anna turns to religion believing that what happened to her is a miracle. The once unshakable bond between the couple starts to crack under the weight of reason vs. spirituality. Director Angelos Frantzis’ film is a suspenseful family drama about a couple’s relationship being tested in the face of trust, faith and love, backdropped by the majestic frozen landscape of Siberia.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.