|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Nora Fingscheidt
- GERMANY / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 118’ / German; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Nora Fingscheidt
- Director of Photography: Yunus Roy İmer
- Editing: Stephan Bechinger, Julia Kovalenko
- Music: John Gürtler
- Cast: Helena Zengel, Albrecht Schuch, Gabriela Maria Schmeide, Lisa Hagmeister, Melanie Straub
- Producer: Peter Hartwig, Jonas Weydemann, Jakob D. Weydemann
- Production Co.: Kineo Filmproduktion, Weydemann Bros.
- World Sales: Beta Cinema
- Turkish Rights: Filmartı
- 2019 BERLIN -- Alfred Bauer Prize
- 2019 Sofia -- Best Director
Benni is a traumatised 9 year-old girl prone to uncontrollable violent outbreaks whose only wish is to reunite with her mother. However, for the social workers who are tasked with ensuring the sustainability of the system, she is a case which they are unable to carry through. In her feature-length debut, which won the Alfred Bauer Prize presented to films that “open new perspectives in cinematic art,” Nora Fingscheidt immerses us in Benni’s world through a well-written script and exceptional acting by its child actor. Can the German social government system, which is assumed to work perfectly, provide a solution for everyone? Watched with bathed breath, System Crasher tackles this serious question.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.