|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
TALKING ABOUT TREES
- Director: Suhaib Gasmelbari
- SUDAN, FRANCE, CHAD / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 90’ / Arabic; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Suhaib Gasmelbari
- Director of Photography: Suhaib Gasmelbari
- Editing: Nelly Quettier, Gladys Joujou
- With: Ibrahim Shaddad, Suleiman Ibrahim, Manar Al Hilo, Altayeb Mahdi
- Producer: Marie Balducchi
- Production Co.: Agat Films & Cie
- World Sales: Wide House
- 2019 ISTANBUL Special Jury Prize, FIPRESCI Prize (International Competition)
- 2019 BERLIN -- Best Documentary
Meet the only members of the “Sudanese Film Club”: Ibrahim, Soliman, Manar and Altayeb, filmmakers and friends for more than 45 years, idealists, and intensely humane. They were reunited again, after long years of distance and exile, to bring life back to their old dream: make cinema a reality in the Sudan by restoring old stock and making the movie theatre operational again. They are determined to leave a trace of their passage and to inspire the love of films. Throughout the images they created, the ones they lost and the ones that remain a desire, the beautiful and horrific faces of their country appear. Premiering at the Panorama section of the Berlinale in February, Talking About Trees talks about dreams, art, friendship, solidarity, old letters, and the ghosts of the past.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.