|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
TEL AVIV ON FIRE
- Director: Sameh Zoabi
- LUXEMBOURG, FRANCE, ISRAEL, BELGIUM / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 97’ / Arabic, Hebrew; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Sameh Zoabi, Dan Kleinman
- Director of Photography: Laurent Brunet
- Editing: Catherine Schwartz
- Music: André Dziezuk
- Cast: Kais Nashif, Lubna Azabal, Yaniv Biton, Nadim Sawalha, Maïsa Abd Elhadi, Salim Daw, Yousef Sweid
- Producer: Bernard Michaux, Gilles Sacuto, Miléna Poylo, Amir Harel, Patrick Quinet
- Production Co.: Samsa Film, TS Productions, Lama Films, Artémis Productions
- World Sales: Indie Sales
- 2018 VENICE -- Best Actor-Orizzonti (K. Nashif)
- 2018 HAIFA -- Best Film, Best Screenplay
- 2018 SAINT JEAN DE LUZ -- Grand Prix
The main character in this multi-awarded comedy is “Tel Aviv on Fire,” a very popular Palestinian soap opera set in the 1960s. Salam, a charming Palestinian living in Jerusalem, works as an intern on the show which is produced in Ramallah. Every day, Salam must pass through an arduous Israeli checkpoint to reach the studios. When he befriends Assi, the commander of the check-point, who gives him brilliant writing ideas, Salam’s creative career catches fire. But of course, Salam will be squeezed between Assi and the soap’s Arab financial backers.
Images Copyright Samsa Film - TS Productions - Lama Films - Artémis Productions
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.