|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
THE BLONDE ONE
- Director: Marco Berger
- ARGENTINA / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 108’ / Spanish ; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Marco Berger
- Director of Photography: Nahuel Berger
- Editing: Marco Berger
- Music: Pedro Irusta
- Cast: Gaston Re, Alfonso Barón, Malena Irusta, Ailín Salas, Charly Velasco, Justo Calabria, Antonia De Michelis, Melissa Falter
- Producer: Lucas Papa, Marco Berger, Gaston Re
- Production Co.: Wildstar
- World Sales: WildStar sales
Argentine director Marco Berger had several of his films screened at the festival including Taekwondo and Hawaii, and his latest feature is similarly a low-budget, independent film where sexual tension runs high. Having its world premiere at the Sydney Film Festival in February, The Blonde One starts with womanising Juan, who must quickly find a flatmate after his brother moves out. In moves Gabriel (the blonde of the title), Juan’s stoic and very handsome co-worker, who is recently widowed and struggling to support his young daughter. What starts off as a seemingly affable living arrangement soon evolves to another direction.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.