|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Lila Avilés
- MEXICO / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 102’ / Spanish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Lila Avilés, Juan Carlos Marquéz
- Director of Photography: Carlos Rossini
- Editing: Omar Guzmán
- Cast: Gabriela Cartol, Teresa Sánchez, Agustina Quinci
- Producer: Lila Avilés, Tatiana Graullera
- Production Co.: Limerencia, Foprocine Mexico, LA Panda Productions, Bad Boy Billy Productions, Bambú Audiovisual
- World Sales: Alpha Violet
- 2018 MARRAKECH -- Jury Prize
- 2019 PALM SPRINGS -- Special Mention
- 2018 HAVANA -- Special Jury Prize - First Feature
Eva works as a member of the cleaning staff at a plush hotel in Mexico City; she is one of those anonymous faces that people from upper classes are not even aware that exists. She is a polite, skilled and hardworking woman who precisely follows the rules. As she dreams of a better life for herself and her young son, she will find out by experience that the system is not all that helpful to people like her. In her feature film debut, director Lila Avilés lets us feel the genuine desires, hopes, suffering, and anger of an ordinary woman through a minimalist, sensitive and nuanced character study.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.