|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Rick Alverson
- USA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 108’ / English, French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Rick Alverson, Dustin Guy Defa, Colm O’Leary
- Director of Photography: Lorenzo Hagerman
- Editing: Michael Taylor
- Music: Daniel Lopatin
- Cast: Tye Sheridan, Jeff Goldblum, Udo Kier, Denis Lavant, Hannah Gross
- Producer: Danny Gabal, Sara Murphy, Ryan Zacarias, Allison Rose Carter
- Production Co.: Vice Studios, Remergence
- World Sales: The Match Factory
With a style reminiscent of Yorgos Lanthimos and David Lynch and striking visuals, The Mountain tells a story that takes place in the ’50s in the US and asks challenging questions about the nature of sanity. At the center of the film is young Andy, who starts to work for their family friend Dr. Fiennes, who conducts lobotomy experiments. The more Andy gets to know the eccentric doctor’s patients, the more he feels like living in a nightmare and becomes suspicious about his own sanity. Premiered at the Venice Film Festival, this disturbing film boasts an impressive cast featuring Tye Sheridan (Ready Player One), Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Fiennes and cult actor Denis Lavant.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.