|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
THE PIGEON THIEVES
- Director: Osman Nail Doğan
- TURKEY / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 82’ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Osman Nail Doğan, Samet Doğan
- Director of Photography: Mehmet Başbaran
- Editing: Naim Kanat
- Music: Ali Saran
- Cast: Seyit Nizam Yılmaz, Mert Buğra Tataroğlu, Kutay Sandıkçı, Gökhan Yıkılkan
- Producer: Sinan Sertel, Turgay Şahin
- Production Co.: Fanus-u Hayal
- World Sales: Fanus-u Hayal
- 2018 ADANA -- Best Editing, Best Newcomer Actor (S.N. Yılmaz)
16 year-old Mahmut’s life consists of feeding pigeons and making money from stealing others’ pigeons. His biggest dream is to own the best pigeons. One day, one of his pigeons escapes and does not return. When Mahmut finds a pigeon nesting on a roof, he meets Ismail, an 8-year-old boy living in that house. This meeting becomes a most important turning point that will affect both lives. Mahmut decides to steal pigeons only to help Ismail achieve his dream.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.